Here are some helpful tips for using BSP.
- Read the config files in the settings directory. There is a lot to learn from them!
- Click and drag in 2D windows to create a brush. Click and drag outside of the brush to resize it.
Click and drag on brush corners to edit vertices.
- Press ESC to deselect everything. Shift-click to select/deselect individual objects. Left click
objects in the 3D window to select or deselect them.
- Shift+right-click to create clippers. Move clip points to intersect the selection. Use "Carve" or
"Split" to deform the selection. This is the best way to make angled shapes.
- Ctrl+click and drag on a selected brush's vertex to rotate the selection.
- Navigate 3D with arrow keys, Ins, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn, Del keys, and mouse.
- To make an entity, create a new brush and leave it selected. In the entity window, choose the
entity type you want to create and then click "Make entity".
- In Window's control panel under Keyboard options, set the repeat rate to the fastest setting and
the delay to the shortest setting. This will speed up keyboard navigations in the 3D view.
- Disable model rendering.
- Grid lines will draw faster than grid dots in XY.
- Use groups and regions to reduce the amount of geometry that has to be drawn. Use "Omit"
features to hide certain classes of objects.
- GL: Disable fog or lighting.